School bus services operated for Blackfriars by LinkSA
Blackfriars operates two school bus services, under contract with Link SA, using Blackfriars branded coaches. Services operate mornings and afternoons, stopping at any Adelaide Metro network yellow bus stop along the designated routes. Tuesday and Thursday afternoon services have a late departure time during co-curricular training weeks.
Fares for the Blackfriars / LinkSA services are based on Adelaide MetroCard pricing and ticketed directly by Blackfriars via the BusMinder App. Families are required to register their interest in using these services by contacting Blackfriars Registrar, Linda Gavranic, on 8169 3954 or email.
LeFevre Peninsula to Blackfriars
via Taperoo, Largs Bay, Semaphore, West Lakes, Albert Park, St Clair, Woodville, Arndale, Croydon, Brompton and Bowden.
Paradise Interchange to Blackfriars
via Windsor Gardens, Oakden, Northgate, Lightsview, Greenacres and Broadview.
Bus Minder Parent App
BusMinder provides the security of knowing your son has boarded his bus and arrived safely at his destination in real-time. It also enables you to track your son’s journey is at any point during his commute as well as confirmation of boarding and arrival to your smart phone. BusMinder can also be used to inform you of how many minutes the school bus is from your designated bus stop and alert you when the bus is close by.
The BusMinder Parent App can be downloaded from the Apple App Store (for Apple devices) or Google Play Store (for Android devices).
To set up BusMinder on your phone:
- Download the app and click on Login, then ‘Forgot your password?’. This will enable you to set a password.
- Once you have logged in, you will be asked whether the app should be allowed to send you notifications. We strongly encourage you to allow notifications to enable you to see the location of the bus in real-time, which will help you determine the appropriate time to drop your child(ren) at the pick-up location, or to meet the bus in the afternoon.
- BusMinder can also alert you when your child boards the bus in the morning and boards and alights the bus in the afternoon.
- The Parent app also contains an alert feature that can be used to send push notifications to your smartphone if a bus is running late, has been replaced or is not running that day.
Adelaide Metro school bus services
Blackfriars is served by two Adelaide Metro school bus services. Both services stop at any Adelaide Metro network yellow bus stop along the routes.
Regular MetroCards / MetroTickets are used on these services.
Elizabeth Interchange to Blackfriars and St Dominic’s
via Elizabeth, Elizabeth Vale, Salisbury, Salisbury Downs, Parafield Gardens, Green Fields, Mawson Lakes, Gepps Cross and Blair Athol.
This is a dedicated school service operated by Adelaide Metro.
Blackfriars to Smithfield Interchange
via Main North Road.
This is a public service starting at Blackfriars and runs afternoons on school days only.
Adelaide Metro regular services
Blackfriars is easily accessible by Adelaide Metro regular bus services operating along Prospect Road and Main North Road. Visit www.adelaidemetro.com.au for route and timetable details for the following services.
Prospect Road (Stop #8)
- Route G10 – Blair Athol to City (then Marion Centre Interchange)
Main North Road (Stop #7)
- Route 209F – Tea Tree Plaza Interchange to City via Ingle Farm and Main North Road
- Route 222 – Mawson Interchange to City via Main North Road.
- Route 224F – Elizabeth Interchange to City via Salisbury Highway and Mawson Interchange
- Route 225F – Salisbury Interchange to City via Para Hills and Mawson Interchange
- Route 228F – Smithfield Interchange to City via Main North Road.
- Route 229F – Para Hills to City via Pooraka & Main North Road
In addition to the bus routes detailed above, Blackfriars is 1.2km (15 minute walk) from Ovingham Station on the Adelaide to Gawler rail line.