Once a Blacks boy – always a Blacks boy.
Blackfriars Old Scholars enjoy a continued connection with the school after graduation and are regularly welcomed back for reunions and events. Through the school’s Development Office, the Blackfriars Old Scholars Association endeavours to stay in touch with graduates as they progress through the various stages of their life post school.
On this page you’ll find:
- Upcoming reunions
- Information about the Blackfriars Old Scholars Football Club (BOSFC)
- Information about the Blackfriars Old Scholars Association Football Club (BOSA FC)
- Update your details form
- 2019 Christmas Reunion – Sunday 22 December, Wellington Hotel
- The annual Christmas reunion is an open house for all old scholars and past members of staff
- Class of 2019 | 1 Year Reunion – Monday 17 February, 2020 (from 4pm)
- Class of 2010 | 10 Year Reunion – Friday 13 March, 2020
- Class of 2000 | 20 Year Reunion – Friday 8 May, 2020
- Class of 1970 / 50+ Club Reunion – Friday 7 August, 2020 (from 11am)
- The 50+ Club Reunion is open to all Blackfriars graduates from 1953 to 1970
- Class of 1990 | 30 Year Reunion – Friday 28 August, 2020
- Class of 1980 | 40 Year Reunion – Friday 23 October, 2020
- 2020 Christmas Reunion – Sunday 20 December, Wellington Hotel
If you’re interested in being a reunion contact in 2020 for the Classes of 1970, 1980, 1990, 2000 or 2010, contact Jon Harmer (Development Officer – Old Scholars & Community).
For further information on upcoming reunions, keep an eye on our Events page.
Blackfriars Old Scholars Football Club (BOSFC) entered the South Australian Amateur Football League (SAAFL) in the 2006 season.
Since its inception, BOSFC have enjoyed great success on and off the field. In the club’s inaugural season we won the Division 7 Premiership, and then went ‘back-to-back’ winning the Division 6 Premiership in 2007. In 2014 BOSFC won the Division 6 Premiership, moving us into Division 5.
BOSFC is proud to have developed a strong and inclusive environment, welcoming any player, volunteer or supporter (Old Scholars and non-Old Scholars alike). The club continues to be built on a foundation of generosity, commitment, and local support.
President: Michael Clarke
Phone: 0429 190 990
Blackfriars Old Scholars Association Soccer Club was established in 1998 and has become one of the most respected Saturday Division 1 Amateur League sides in South Australia.
With over 60% of current players being Old Scholars, BOSA FC provides a fantastic opportunity to continue to represent the school, re-connect with past friends, and build lifelong teammates.
BOSA FC is currently fielding four competitive teams in the SAASL, providing an opportunity for players of all levels to continue to enjoy the game after graduating.
Update Your Details