The Blackfriars Parents + Friends Association is an integral part of the Blackfriars community, providing a structure for parents and others interested in the welfare of our students to plan and organise activities for the benefit of the school.
The Blackfriars Parents + Friends Association (P+F) was established in 1954. From its inception, it has assisted Blackfriars to achieve its goals by working in partnership in the education and development of students. The P+F and its sub-committees, exist for the benefit of the school – they are part of its structure; not something separate from it.
To ensure the success and growth of the school, the Blackfriars Parents + Friends Association aims to:
- Encourage parental involvement in the educational experience of all students at Blackfriars.
- Build a strong sense of community and school spirit.
- Provide opportunities where people respect and value the unique character interests, gifts and abilities of each individual.
- Assist with the planning, conduct and evaluation of major events.
- Provide activities and events in the interest of the students.
- Assist in fundraising for targeted projects.
A warm welcome is extended to all Blackfriars parents to be part of the P+F Association Committee and/or its special interest sub-committees. Extensive research indicates that children benefit from parental involvement in school life and therefore parents are encouraged to become engaged and active participants at Blackfriars.
2023 P+F Association Committee
- Denise Hill (Chair)
- Jon Driscoll (Deputy Chair)
- Dean Morkunas (Treasurer)
- Tahlia Gutte (Secretary) – ex officio
- Natalie Galkowski
- Rolf Scharfbillig
- Eleni Choimes
- Jacqui Bloffwitch
- Louise Carlier
- Corinna Renney
- Belinda Vella
- Sonia Smith
- Christian Jensen
- Emma Begg – ex officio
- Patrick Kelly – ex officio
2023 meeting dates
The P+F Committee meets twice per term and all are welcome to attend. All meetings are 7pm in St Catherine’s, Blackfriars, unless otherwise indicated.
- Saturday 4 February – Planning Day – (Frassati Hall, 10am to 2pm)
- Monday 27 February
- Tuesday 21 March
- Tuesday 28 March (Primary Sports Day volunteers need only attend)
- Tuesday 16 May
- Tuesday 13 June
- Tuesday 8 August
- Tuesday 5 September
- Wednesday 1 November
- Wednesday 29 November – Social meeting
2024 meeting dates
- Saturday 3 February – Planning Day – (Frassati Hall, 10am to 2pm)
- Tuesday 13 February
- Tuesday 27 February
- Tuesday 26 March
- Tuesday 7 May
- Tuesday 11 June
- Tuesday 23 July
- Tuesday 27 August
- Tuesday 22 October
- Wednesday 26 November – Social meeting
For more information about becoming involved or to enquire about attending our next meeting, please email us