In line with the announcements from the Premier and SA Health this morning Blackfriars, will reopen for all students and return to normal operations from tomorrow morning. This includes normal operations for the Blackfriars Early Learning Centre and Out of School Hours Care service.
Following are details of arrangements in place for the return to school based on the advice of Catholic Education SA and the SA Government.
- All Secondary School students (Years 7 to 12) will be required to wear a mask during all indoor lessons but not when outdoors or at recess and lunch.
- Secondary School students are required to wear a mask when travelling on school buses and public transport.
- Exemptions for mask wearing: students or staff who have a medical condition, such as problems with their breathing, a serious skin condition on the face, a disability, or a mental health condition.
- There is no requirement for ELC and Primary School students (Reception to Year 6) to wear a mask.
- Single use masks are available for students at school; however, students are encouraged to bring their own multi-use mask and clean it nightly in line with manufacturer’s directions.
- Secondary School teachers are required to wear a mask in lessons apart from when delivering content.
- Staff are required to wear a mask in shared offices and in staff social areas. Mask wearing on yard duty is voluntary,
- All co-curricular music rehearsals will recommence from Wednesday.
- All co-curricular sports training will recommence from Wednesday however all competition will remain suspended until further notice.
- Both Blackfriars Link SA operated services (North-East and North-West) will recommence on Wednesday morning. This will include the regular late departure time on Thursday to accommodate the recommencement of co-curricular training / rehearsals.
Learning from home
- Any student subject to a SA Health directed quarantine arrangement will be contacted by their teacher(s) to arrange suitable learning arrangements.
Private music tuition
- Private music tuition will resume as per normal arrangements on Wednesday.
Parent attendance at school
- Parents are urged not to enter the school campus beyond the ‘Kiss and Drop’ zones.
- Any critical meetings or discussions should be held online or over the phone.
- Where a parent does need to escort their child to class, particularly in the case of ELC and younger Primary School students, they will be required to wear a mask on campus.
- The school Uniform Shop will return to normal open hours on Tuesday and Thursday, however online shopping via our website remains preferred.
Event cancellations / postponements
- Year 11/12 Cycling Expedition (Monday 26 to Wednesday 28 July) – CANCELLED
- Year 11/12 Subject Selection Information Evening (Wednesday 28 July) – CANCELLED
- Principal’s Tour (Thursday 29 July) – CANCELLED
- RAH PARTY Program (Years 10/11) (Friday 30 July) – CANCELLED
- School Photographs (Friday 30 July) – POSTPONED to Friday 13 August
- Blackfriars / St Dominic’s Prefects Gathering (Friday 30 July) – POSTPONED
- Pedal Prix Round 4 (Saturday 31 July) – CANCELLED
- Parents & Friends Quiz Night (Saturday 31 July) – CANCELLED
- 19: A Reporter’s War (Wed 4 / Thu 5 August) – POSTPONED
- St Dominic’s Day Celebrations (Friday 6 August) – POSTPONED
- Race to High School (Wednesday 11 August) – POSTPONED
- ABODA Festival (Wed 11 to Fri 13 August) – ONLINE
Temporary relief measures for families affected by the economic impact of COVID-19
Requests for an application form for Temporary Relief Measures for families who have been affected by the economic impact of COVID-19 can be made directly to our Business Manager, Mr Gerard Leahy via email.
We will continue to update families via SEQTA, the school website and our social media channels regarding ongoing arrangements. Please also refer to the following resources for the latest information:
I am sure that you will join me in thanking our leaders and the broader community for their efforts in bringing us out of the current lockdown so quickly and in praying for those who continue to work at preventing the need for any further such situations. Your child’s wellbeing continues to be our priority and we remain here to support you and your family.