The following details the strategies and protocols Blackfriars Priory School will be implementing to ensure a safe return to all co-curricular sport and activity in 2020.
As per the South Australian Roadmap for easing COVID-19 restrictions, plus the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) framework for rebooting sport in a COVID-19 environment, from May 11 we will start to implement these strategies and protocols to coincide with the announcements made by Government and Health officials regarding COVID-19.
As we move into Stage 2 of the easing of restrictions there have been changes made to the conditions and requirements of trainings, rehearsals and meetings.
Conditions and requirements of training, rehearsing or meeting
- No more than 20 people to be involved in the drill (e.g. one coach, nineteen players).
- Outdoor activities and sports can resume contact training.
- Indoor activities and sports can resume non-contact training.
- Social distancing to be implemented (1.5m).
- No more than 1 person per 4m². For both Football and Soccer, the pitch is to be divided into thirds, to allow for this spacing.
- No sharing of any personal items (i.e. drink bottles, instruments, or utensils)
- Any handling of equipment is to be kept to a minimum.
- Only essential people are to attend training sessions (i.e. players, coaches, volunteers involved in operations).
- One parent/caregiver is permitted for supervision purposes but should remain at a distance. If feasible they are encouraged to wait in car / outside venue to avoid gatherings. Spectators are not permitted.
- Training bibs are not to be used.
- Soap and sanitiser to be available in toilets at all times.
- No social activity is to occur once training, rehearsal or meeting has concluded.
Hygiene conditions and requirements
- Please do not attend any meetings, trainings or rehearsals if you are unwell or have any flu-like symptoms.
- Players, officials, volunteers and/or their parents / carers should carry hand sanitiser on their person in order to enable good personal hygiene.
- If using tissues, place them directly in the bins provided.
- Each participant is to provide their own drink bottle /equipment / instrument that is clearly labeled and is only used by that individual.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet.
- Each team, band, club must have hand sanitiser available.
- Spitting and clearing of nasal / respiratory secretions on ovals or other sport settings not permitted.
- All playing kit and equipment to be cleaned and disinfected between training sessions and matches.
- Avoid high fives, handshakes or other physical contact.
- School provided equipment to be wiped with antibacterial wipes or alcohol-based sanitiser prior to and after each use.
GET IN. TRAIN. GET OUT.