In line with the announcements from the Premier and SA Health this morning, and following advice from Catholic Education SA, please note the following arrangements that will be in place from Thursday as they apply to Blackfriars, the Blackfriars Early Learning Centre and Out of School Hours Care service.
Resumption of the following activities
- Whole-school assemblies
- Choir rehearsals
- All co-curricular activities
- Incursions, excursions and intrastate camps (provided that venues are using an approved COVID-Safe or COVID Management plan)
- Events held at offsite venues with approved COVID-Safe or COVID Management plans
- Events held within school or ELC grounds (e.g. performances and concerts) providing:
- density requirements and physical distancing requirements are met by all attending adults
- masks are worn by adults and students in secondary school who are not performing
- all attendees must COVID-Safe check in.
- School sports including interschool competition
- Water safety / swimming / aquatic lessons
- Secondary School students (Years 7 to 12) are still required to wear a mask during all indoor lessons, but not when outdoors or at recess and lunch.
- Secondary School students are required to wear a mask when travelling on school buses and public transport.
- There are exemptions for mask wearing for students or staff who have a medical condition, such as problems with their breathing, a serious skin condition on the face, a disability, or a mental health condition.
- There is no requirement for ELC and Primary School students (Reception to Year 6) to wear a mask.
- Single-use masks are available for students at school; however, students are encouraged to bring their own multi-use mask and clean it nightly in line with manufacturer’s directions.
- Secondary School teachers are required to wear a mask in lessons, apart from when delivering content.
- Staff are required to wear a mask in shared offices and in staff social areas. Mask wearing on yard duty is voluntary.
Parent / adult attendance on campus
- Parents are asked to please not enter the school campus beyond the ‘Kiss and Drop’ zones unless it is absolutely necessary to do so.
- Where a parent / caregiver does need to escort their child to class, particularly in the case of ELC and younger Primary School students, they are required to wear a mask on campus.
- All adults (including staff) must COVID-Safe check-in each time they enter the campus.
Please note that due to the changing nature of the pandemic, events, camps and excursions may be cancelled with minimal notice. We will continue to update families via SEQTA, the school website and our social media channels regarding ongoing arrangements.