Parents & Friends
The Blackfriars Parents & Friends Association is an integral part of the Blackfriars community, providing a structure for parents and others interested in the welfare of the students to plan and organise activities for the benefit of the school.
The Blackfriars Parents & Friends Association (P&F) was established in 1954. From its inception, it as assisted Blackfriars to achieve its goals by working in partnership in the education and development of students. The P&F and it’s sub-committees, exist for the benefit of the school – they are part of its structure; not something separate from it.
To ensure the success and growth of the school, the Blackfriars Parents & Friends Association aims to:
- Encourage parental involvement in the educational experience of all students at Blackfriars.
- Build a strong sense of community and school spirit.
- Provide opportunities where people respect and value the unique character interests, gifts and abilities of each individual.
- Assist with the planning, conduct and evaluation of major events.
- Provide activities and events in the interest of the students.
- Assist in fundraising for targeted projects.
A warm welcome is extended to all Blackfriars parents to be part of the P&F Association Committee and/or it’s special interest sub-committees. Extensive research indicates that children benefit from parental involvement in school life and therefore parents are encouraged to become engaged and active participants at Blackfriars.
2019 P&F Association Committee
- Catherine Morkunas (Chair)
- Jon Driscoll (Deputy Chair)
- Denise Smith (Secretary)
- Victoria Frith (Treasurer)
- Louise Carlier
- Marion Fitch
- Natalie Galkowski
- Ali Hellewell
- Corinna Renney
2020 Meeting Dates
The P&F Committee meets twice per term and all are welcome to attend. All meetings are 7pm in St Catharine’s, Blackfriars, unless otherwise indicated.
- Tuesday 28 January, 7pm – 2020 Planning Session
- Tuesday 11 February
- Tuesday 10 March
- Tuesday 12 May
- Tuesday 9 June
- Tuesday 4 August
- Tuesday 2 September
- Tuesday 27 October
- Tuesday 24 November – Social Meeting
For more information about becoming involved or to enquire about attending our next meeting, please email us.