Parents & Friends
The Blackfriars Parents & Friends Association is an integral part of the Blackfriars community, providing a structure for parents and others interested in the welfare of our students to plan and organise activities for the benefit of the school.
The Blackfriars Parents & Friends Association (P&F) was established in 1954. From its inception, it has assisted Blackfriars to achieve its goals by working in partnership in the education and development of students. The P&F and its sub-committees, exist for the benefit of the school – they are part of its structure; not something separate from it.
To ensure the success and growth of the school, the Blackfriars Parents & Friends Association aims to:
- Encourage parental involvement in the educational experience of all students at Blackfriars.
- Build a strong sense of community and school spirit.
- Provide opportunities where people respect and value the unique character interests, gifts and abilities of each individual.
- Assist with the planning, conduct and evaluation of major events.
- Provide activities and events in the interest of the students.
- Assist in fundraising for targeted projects.
A warm welcome is extended to all Blackfriars parents to be part of the P&F Association Committee and/or its special interest sub-committees. Extensive research indicates that children benefit from parental involvement in school life and therefore parents are encouraged to become engaged and active participants at Blackfriars.
2022 P&F Association Committee
- Denise Hill (Chair)
- Jon Driscoll (Deputy Chair)
- Dean Morkunas (Treasurer)
- Patrick Kelly (Secretary)
- Natalie Galkowski
- Rolf Scharfbillig
- Eleni Choimes
- Jacqui Bloffwitch
- Louise Carlier
- Corinna Renney
- Belinda Vella
- Sonia Smith
- Christian Jensen
2022 Meeting Dates
The P&F Committee meets twice per term and all are welcome to attend. All meetings are 7pm in St Catharine’s, Blackfriars, unless otherwise indicated.
- Saturday 5 February – Planning Day
- Tuesday 15 February
- Tuesday 15 March
- Tuesday 17 May
- Tuesday 14 June
- Tuesday 9 August
- Tuesday 6 September
- Tuesday 1 November
- Tuesday 29 November – Social Meeting
For more information about becoming involved or to enquire about attending our next meeting, please email us.
The Federation of Catholic School Parent Communities
The Federation of Catholic School Parent Communities promotes, supports and advocates for the interests of parents and families who have chosen, or would like to choose, a Catholic education for their children. An autonomous, parent-led organisation, we work in many different settings to make sure the ‘parent voice’ is heard and helps to change things for the better.
Learn more about the Federation of Catholic School Parent Communities at their website and keep up to date with latest news with their regular newsletters available below.